Monday 24 June 2013

Food for Peppa Pig....

Back for another day of yummy cakey fun! I mentioned in my last post that I would show you how I made the picnic food for my Peppa Pig cakes. It's all very easy to do and looks great on any picnic cakes that you may be thinking of making.


 
 My lovely peppa cake i made last week included a little picnic, which are all very easy to make yourself. You need to use modelling paste ( see last post on making peppa figures) as it's easy to mould and sets quite hard.
 
First I made the plates, I rolled the modelling paste quite thin and used a round cutter to cut out the plate size, and then a smaller round cutter to dent it slightly so it looks more like a plate and less like a circle!
 

Then I made the jam (or ham!) sandwiches, for this you use white and dark pink modelling paste. I rolled them out and used a square cutter to cut two white squares and one pink one, then stick together as though its a jam sandwich. Once stuck together cut into 4 small triangles and place two on each plate (depends on the size of your square cutter).
 
 
Then I made the cake below. I used white, brown and red modelling paste. I rolled the brown paste slightly thicker than usual so it would look more like a sponge cake and used the round cutter to cut two circles. Then I rolled the red and white paste out slightly thinner and used to same round cutter to cut one circle out of each. I then stacked them in the following order, brown, red, brown and then white on top and glued them all together (using edible glue). I rolled 5 little balls of red modelling paste and stuck them on top and there you have it a mini picnic for peppa pig!



My next post will be about the lovely cupcakes I made this weekend! Happy baking people xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment